SSgt USAF1 SOMOS MXOOA
We were searching for a honda accord on craigslist and came across this ad so sent an email and received this response:
I’m SGT Jacob Gulledge. This Accord EXL is in perfect working condition. This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior looks like it just came off the assembly line. The car has 54063 miles. VIN Number: 1HGCM66825A031982
CD player Anti-lock brakes Driver Airbag Leather Sunroof
Passenger airbag Side airbags Air conditioning Cruise control
Power locks Power windows Navigation System!!
Here are the pics of the car:
As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay’s Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it(for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you won`t be satisfied about the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back. I am located in London, UK and I was sent here with my department of peace maintenance. One month ago my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her but now we have to sell it back in the United States because we can’t register it here; it has US specs and everything and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on it is 2940 USD. If you will take it for this price I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 3 days. Please get back to me ASAP if you decide to buy and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Jacob and Kathy Gulledge email@example.com
I responded to them as follows:
I’m sorry, I just re-read your email. It is my understanding that the vehicle is in London England. We are concerned about being scammed as there is alot of scams out there like this. In fact, we attempted to purchase an electric guitar from ebay and we found out that it was a major scam. We like the car and are willing to pay the money but We are very concerned about being scammed. Are there any guarantees that this is not a scam? Does ebay insure these kinds of deals?
I received this response from them:
I fully understand your worries they are justified in a deal such as ours and I feel the same way but I give you my personal word that this is a legit sale that is why I suggested using eBay for completing this deal, so we are both protected. Here is how it works:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you: full name, shipping address and telephone number.
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices (email forms).
4. After you will make the payment in an eBay trust fund account and confirm it to them they will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 10 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If the car is not as I told you or have some problems or is not as described they will refund you 100%. There is no risk in this deal. I don’t touch your money until you receive and inspect the car. The transaction is simple so everything should go as I planed. If you will decide that you will not buy the car there will be no need to ship it back because I will surely find a buyer in your area. As i told you this is a door to door transaction and from the moment the car will be at your door you will be in contact with the one in charge for shipping. After the 10 days if you won`t be satisfied with the car he will take the car and you will be refunded by eBay. It will be shipped via US Military Cargo and it will take 3 days. It has clear title and you will receive it along with all papers needed for registration. All paper will be signed by me.
Thanks in advance!
I see that it is similar to many other posts here. I reported to the FTC, craigslist and ebay per instructions here and I’m posting so others don’t get suckered from these people. We did not pay anything at all because it seemed like a scam. BUYER BEWARE!!
Scam reported at FightTheScams.com