I have received a scam invoice after discussing the purchase on email. The ebayer posted 6 or 7 copies of the auction, cancelled them and sent this (XXXs are mine deletions of private data):
Congratulations! You are approved to buy this eBay item using Buy It Now.
Canon EF 500mm F4 IS (Image Stabilizer) Lens !
Sale price: USD 1,347.00
Shipping & Handling: USD 0.00
Sales tax: USD 0.00
Subtotal: USD 1,347.00
Get Your Item
Details for transaction number : 234911894576
Canon EF 500mm F4 IS (Image Stabilizer) Lens
Sale Date: August 30, 2009
Seller: Steve Meda
Payment details: Please follow this eBay Purchase Protection invoice to complete the eBay Checkout
How to make payment:
1. Locate the nearest Western Union Office.
2. Make the payment with cash using the above seller information.
3. After you complete the transfer email the following information
– MTCN# ( the 10 digits number )
– Exact sender’s name on file with Western Union.
– Exact sender’s address on file with Western Union.
– Total Amount sent.
Email the payment information to the seller at : [email protected]
Purchase protection and refund:
Currently, this seller has a US $4.800.00 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account.
Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors. For your safety, this account was locked today, for 90 days time period. The seller is unable to withdraw any money from it, within this period.
Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller’s purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 90 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.
The insurer of this transaction is eBay INC. located at 2145 HamiltonAvenue , San Jose , CA 95125 , United States of America .
The account is managed by eBay’s Square Trade center .
This transaction is supervised by eBay’s Safe Harbor team.
Conditions to be met before you may ask for a refund:
Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:
1. If the item doesn’t arrive and/or the seller stops communications after the payment was received;
2. If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on;
3. If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 15 days from the payment clearance day);
For cases 2. and 3. you have to send back the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by payment method required by us, your refund request will be declined.
Important Usage Guidelines:
1. The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
2. This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution.
3. You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member.
4. Should you need to dispute this transaction, keep the transaction number at hand when contacting eBay. Any complaints must be filed within 90 days from the verification date.
This e-mail message was sent to you from eBay SafeHarbor team, with the full support of the SquareTrade center.
The seller was informed about this transaction being started and is awaiting your payment. It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, because your purchase protection is valid for 30 days only.
If you encounter any problems with this transaction, please contact us.
When contacting our support team, use the reply feature so that all previous correspondences are included in your email. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your request.
Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)