Craigslist /Ebay 2004 Honda Civic LX Scam

Here is the ad posted on 11/30 craigslist nashville-

:;:;:;:;2004 Honda Civic LX:;:;:;:;;; – $2895 (nashville)

for sale 2004 Honda Civic 4 door color gray automatic
:;:;:;:;2004 Honda Civic LX:;:;:;:;;;
Im selling my 2004 Honda Civic LX System automatic,the car is in excellent condition with less than 68,000 miles. There is custom exterior work and interior workdone to the car .Custom sound system 2 subwoofers and 3 amps.
Automatic, power windows and power locks.
NEW TIRES and brakes.
For more questions email me back

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So knowing it was too good to be true, I went ahead and sent an email… Here is the reply from cindyburnett32@gmail.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello,

I have received your email regarding the 2004 Honda Civic LX  with only 68,000 miles.The car is in perfect condition,with no scratches on it,no damage, clear title.The price for the car is $2,895 with shipping included.The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.The buyer will receive the car with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it to his name.Shipping will be done whit DAS and it will take no more then 2-3 days. I have a friend there who will manage me a low price shipping and I assumed that it is my duty to pay for shipping it.It will be delivered directly to your address.Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying it,please reply with the following information’s:
-Your full name;
-Your shipping address.(street,city,state,zip code)
The transaction will close only through eBay so we both will be protected.
I want eBay because as they are the biggest company on the internet I think that we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. Also I am not very familiar with the internet transactions and eBay is the only one I know.I will look for your email,so that we can move forward with this deal!
Let me know.
Regards,
Cindy Burnett

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>What could have been a long story is VERY short.  If it sound Too good to be true, IT DEFINITELY IS.  And for God sake, Don’t ever buy a car before seeing it!

***Don’t worry though, we all know there is a special spot in hell for people like this especially the one that use our military at a time of war for their “backstory”. They will one day get theirs!!!

Be careful folks and god bless!

Scam reported at FightTheScams.com

2 Comments on “Craigslist /Ebay 2004 Honda Civic LX Scam”

1. DONOVAN says:

Wow… Im glad I found this site because I already saved the money to purchase a car like this, they gave me almost the same exact reply to my email but with a different title from [mariehudson49@gmail.com] check it out —>

Hello,
    I have received your email regarding the 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS with only 71,040 miles. The car is in perfect condition,with no scratches on it,no damage, clear title. The price for the car is $2,800 with shipping included.
    The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. Being pregnant,i need money for my unborn girl so i chose to sell my car.
    We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety. I just need your full name and address so I can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees).If you are still interested email me for picture and details.
    Have a nice day!

VIN: 2G1WP551449131991
    Mileage: 71,040 miles
    Warranty: No
    Vehicle title: Clear
    Condition: Used
    Features
    Body type: Sedan
    Engine: 3.8L 3800 V6 SFI
    Exterior color: Black
    Interior color: Medium Gray
    Transmission: Automatic
    Fuel type: Gasoline

2. liana says:

My Daughter & Son-n-Law was also about to be scammed from the same person. The shame thing is my son-n-law just came back from his 2nd tour in Iraq! They have more than on name & email address. There is something just totally wrong with these people & the people that let them get by with it. Seems though ebay helps them get by with it too. What a way to get a bad reputation!!! Here are the emails.

Mon, February 7, 2011 11:19:51 AM
    RE:2004 Acura TL Navigation
    From: cindy burnett
    To: me
    Hello,

I have received your email regarding the 2004 Acura TL Navigation with only 28,100 miles.The car is in perfect condition,with no scratches on it,no damage, clear title.The price for the car is $2,927 with shipping included.The car was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.The buyer will receive the car with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it to his name.Shipping will be done whit DAS and it will take no more then 2-3 days. I have a friend there who will manage me a low price shipping and I assumed that it is my duty to pay for shipping it.It will be delivered directly to your address.Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying it,please reply with the following information’s:
    -Your full name;
    -Your shipping address.(street,city,state,zip code)
    The transaction will close only through eBay so we both will be protected.
    Let me know.
    Regards,
    Cindy Burnett
    ———————————————-
    Mon, February 7, 2011 12:20:01 PM
    Re: 2004 Acura TL Navigation
    From: cindy burnett
    To: me
    Hello again,

The car is located in Quincy,MA at the shipping company (i just moved here with my new job),like i told we will use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection,so we can both be protected and insured.The price for the car is $2,960 with shipping included. I just need your full name and full address so eBay can send you the invoice in which you`ll see how to make this transaction.The shipping is free i will take care of it and i will send the car with all the papers( vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ) i am just waiting your full name and address to complete the shipping papers and start the delivery process.
    Regards,
    Cindy Burnett

P.S I attached you some pictures with the car,

Vehicle Description:

2004 Acura TL pearl white with navigation.Theres a list of everything in the car on the bottom.a power tilt/sliding moonroof, Xenon headlamps, heated front seats, Acura premium sound w/in dash 6 disc CD changer, dual zone digital climate control, woodgrain interior trim, Bluetooth, front & rear side impact airbags, homelink universal garage door opener, electrochromic rearview mirror, dual power seats w/driver memory, trip computer, steering wheel mounted audio & cruise controls, dual power/heated mirrors, VSA traction control, leather wrapped steering wheel, XM satellite radio and remote keyless entry.

Exterior

OEM aero kit ( side skirts, front and rear bumper skirts)
    OEM trunk spoiler
    Tinted windows
    GREDDY catback piping
    POWERFUL exhausts
    AEM air intake system

Interior

Navigation system
    DVD entertainment system (2 tvs in headrests )
    Built in radar
    Custom sound system 2 subwoofers and 3 amps

Mileage: 28,100 miles
    Title: Clear

Features
    Body type: Sedan Engine: 6 Cylinder 3.2 Liter Exterior color: White
    Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: Tan
    —————————————-
    Tue, February 8, 2011 2:20:30 AM
    Re: 2004 Acura TL Navigation
    From: cindy burnett
    To: me
    I have received your data. I will initiate the transaction through eBay and they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction (terms, buyer protection, payment instructions, invoice, etc.) As soon i will have the confirmation from ebay you will receive further details regarding the shipping process (courier information,expected delivery date) Please look in INBOX,BULK,JUNK and SPAM folder and after tell me if you get all info from eBay.Asap.
    ———————————————————–
    Tue, February 8, 2011 2:21:53 AM
    How to make the payment?
    From: eBay Motors Inc.
    To: me
    Vehicle Protection
    Program Overview

Your Agent from Financial Department!

How to make the payment?

1. Locate the nearest Western Union Office.
    2. Make the payment with cash using the eBay Purchase Protection agent details:

First name: Paul
    Last name: Fields
    Street: 2251 Kent St
    City: Toledo
    State:Ohio

Zip:43620
    Country: United States

3. E-mail us the following details from the payment receipt:

– MTCN# – 10 digits number from the payment receipt
    – Sender’s Name and Address
    – Receiver’s Name
    – Amount

Fax the Western Union receipt to the following fax number: +1-(484)-770-2490

Once we receive the payment confirmation, we will instruct the seller to start the shipping process.

Sincerely,
    eBay Purchase Protection Financial Department!
    —————————————————
    This is a confirmation mail regarding authenticity of Cindy Burnett Vehicle Purchase Protection membership.

Seller Name: Cindy Burnett

A Verified Member in good standing.

Identity and/or Contact Information Verified.

Continues to meet strict Membership Criteria.

Committed to Dispute Resolution and Mediation.

Item 2004 Acura TL Navigation is backed by Vehicle Purchase’s Buyer Protection Policy – up to $20,000.00.

The criteria for Vehicle Purchase Protection Membership.

The Vehicle Purchase Protection Membership, along with other factors, can substantially lower the risks of buying online. The Membership is a guarantee of a successful transaction or of a Seller’s performance.
    Contact the Seller cindyburnett32@gmail.com

Certified by Vehicle Purchase Protection and eBay

Superior Selling Track Record
    History of Resolving Disputes
    Disclose pricing, shipping and return policies
    Address all customer issues within two business days

Vehicle Purchase Program Agent Details
    2004 Acura TL Navigation
    Name: Paul Fields
    Address: 2251 Kent St,
    Toledo,Ohio,43620,
    United States
    —————————————-
    Tue, February 8, 2011 2:23:43 AMI wait your payment confirmation!
    From: cindy burnett
    To: me

Hello,

did you received the invoice from the company? you can see in the invoice how to make the payment with the agent who is handling our transaction.Please get back to me asap and inform me when you will be able to make the payment so I can start the delivery to your home address.
    Regards,
    Cindy
    ——————————————-
    My Reply to one of the above & did not get an valid answer;
    Tue, February 8, 2011 9:47:40 AM
    Re: 2004 Acura TL Navigation
    To: cindy burnett

I would like to know if you are selling more than this particular vehicle?
    ——————————————————–
    From: cindy burnett
    Sent: Tue, February 8, 2011 10:12:30 AM
    Subject: I wait your payment confirmation!

Hi,

I told you,the final price is $2,927.Please let me know when you are able to make the payment so i know when start the shipping process,but please try to make the payment today because tomorrow morning i want to start the shipping to your home address.
    Regards,
    Cindy
    ——————————————————–
    Tue, February 8, 2011 10:33:52 AM
    Re: I wait your payment confirmation!
    From: me
    To: cindy burnett

I also was looking at a 2004 Chevy Avalanche before you had responded back to me on the 2004 Acura, but didn’t get a rsponse back from that until today and the response from that was word to word the same as your response for the 2004 Acura, but from a different name and email address. I was wanting to know is this a legitimate deal? Because, I don’t want to get suckered over.

me

(((((((((THIS REPLY IS THE REAL KICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))))))

Tue, February 8, 2011 10:43:45 AM
    Re: I wait your payment confirmation!
    From: cindy burnett Add to Contacts
    To: me

Hi,

The car looks and runs like new.It has never been involved in any accident.There is nothing to be worried about this deal. I never fooled someone in any way. I won’t risk my career, my freedom and my future for anything in the world! You can count on that!

How it work:

You make the payment to eBay Purchase Protection agent.
    After they check the payment they announce me to start the shipping.
    After you will receive the car and see that is ok, you have to announce
    them that you have it.
    Only then, eBay Purchase Protection will send me the money. I will not
    receive any money before you will receive the car.
    eBay Purchase Protection must protect the seller, too.

Please let me know asap…

—————————————————
    Here are the ones under different name & email address, different vehicle, but the SAME GAME!!

Tue, February 8, 2011 4:40:22 AM
    Re 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
    From: jennifer evans Add to Contacts
    To: me
    Hello,

I have received your email regarding the 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 with only 90,492 miles.
    The truck is in perfect condition, with no scratches on it, no damage, clear title.
    The price for the truck is $2,800 with shipping included. The truck was my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a IRAQ 3 month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it.
    The buyer will receive the truck with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it to his name.
    Shipping will be done whit DAS and it will take no more then 2-3 days. I have a friend there who will manage me a low price shipping and I assumed that it is my duty to pay for shipping it. It will be delivered directly to your address. Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying it, please reply with the following information’s:
    -Your full name;
    -Your shipping address.(street,city,state,zip code)
    The transaction will close only through eBay so we both will be protected.
    I want eBay because as they are the biggest company on the internet I think that we can close this deal fast and safe for both of us. Also I am not very familiar with the internet transactions and eBay is the only one I know. I will look for your email, so that we can move forward with this deal!
    Let me know.

Regards,
    Jennifer Evans
    ———————————————–
    MY REPLY:
    Tue, February 8, 2011 9:55:45 AM
    Re: Re 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
    From: me
    To: jennifer evans

Hello,

Can you please give me some information on this vehicle? Like pictures or something. Also where is this located?

—————————————
    Tue, February 8, 2011 11:05:15 AM
    Re: Re 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche
    From: jennifer evans Add to Contacts
    To: me

15 Files View Slideshow Download All
    16998697793.284411044.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (34KB); 16998697794.284411044.IM1.02.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (26KB); 16998697795.284411044.IM1.03.565x421_A.565×376[2].jpg (39KB); 16998697796.284411044.IM1.04.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (28KB); 16998697797.284411044.IM1.05.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (44KB); 16998697798.284411044.IM1.06.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (40KB); 16998697799.284411044.IM1.07.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (37KB); 16998697800.284411044.IM1.08.565x421_A.565×376[2].jpg (24KB); 16998697802.284411044.IM1.10.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (29KB); 16998697803.284411044.IM1.11.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (34KB); 16998697804.284411044.IM1.12.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (37KB); 16998697806.284411044.IM1.14.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (31KB); 16998697807.284411044.IM1.15.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (19KB); 16998697808.284411044.IM1.16.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (34KB); 16998697809.284411044.IM1.17.565x421_A.565×376[1].jpg (37KB)

Hi again,

* anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, alloy wheels, navigation system, driver air bag, cruise control, CD changer, CD player, passenger air bag, rear window defroster, DVD player, heated seats, leather seats, power door locks, power mirrors, power windows, power steering, power seats, tinted glass, tilt/telescope steering wheel

The truck is located in Honolulu HI. Is already crated at the shipping company ready to be sent to any location anywhere in the world, like i told we will use eBay, so we can both be protected and insured. The price for the truck is $2,800 with shipping included.
    1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
    2. Buyer sends money to eBay
    3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.
    4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).
    5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
    6. eBay releases the money to seller.
    As you can see, you will receive the truck BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it, test drive it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the vehicle, they will release the money to me.
    If, for some reason, you disagree with the truck (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 is in IMMACULATE condition inside and out) it will be shipped back to me on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.
    If you wish to proceed further, I will need your complete name and address so I can start the transaction with eBay Purchase Protection Program.

Let me know if we can get the ball rolling.

Regards,